Thursday, June 25, 2009

Discipline

I have learned a lot about discipline the last 24 hours. Dictionary.com defines discipline as activity, exercise, or a regimen that develops or improves a skill; training, or training to act in accordance with rules; drill. I did not show discipline last night. I was given a training regimen to do. I was alone at the track and threw out the regimen provided and instead did my own thing. I ran all the intervals at a pace that was much faster than prescribed. Thus, I missed the whole point of the workout and did not reap the benefits of the workout that I should have.

Too often in life we do not exercise discipline. Even in the everyday duties of life, we tend to do our own thing and not what was prescribed or what was best for us. By doing this, we miss out on the benefits that everyday provides us. We miss out on the simple joys.

I am going to be working on discipline in my life, both in workouts and in everyday living. Maybe I can learn something from this and definitely become a better person because of it.

1 comment:

  1. I recall reading something a while back about discipline also pertaining to controlling your pace, it took almost a good year for it to sink in, plus the coach's instruction.

    It is definitely a lifelong learning process, for sure. These little experiences can help keep us in check, i suppose.

    ReplyDelete