Friday, June 12, 2009

Tough Week

This week I am tired. The stress of two 40+ mile running weeks has left me mentally and physically tired. It was obvious in my run today as I never got my heart rate to where I wanted it. I still did the planned workout, but am looking forward to my day off tomorrow. As a coach I know the importance of rest days. As an athlete, my coach tells me about the importance of rest days also. But I don't seem to listen. I am going to rest tomorrow. I will be running 15 - 16 miles Sunday, but am going to do it without a watch. The way coach put it, "enjoy the sunrise and nature". I plan on an easy run with no time constraints. I will let you know how it works out.

2 comments:

  1. I'll vouch for the watchless running. It is nice to do sometimes (I wore my RoadID in place and did not notice). Job hunting is definitely a stressful thing-keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to run without the pressure of the watch. Good luck in your job search! (By the way, I found my way here via Bill's blog)

    ReplyDelete